Monday, April 27, 2009

A bit of a catch up

I've been super duper busy lately, a little too busy to keep up with writing. I'm going to be a good girl and post more often though. I might even start to post weekly the new items I have created. So many good ideas, I just hope I can keep up with them.

So here's a bit of a catch up on what I've been up to.

April 9th: I got a call out of the blue from Anastasia at Anastasia's Collection in Cherry Creek North to bring some of my new designs into the store. I'm hopeful that her clients will enjoy my style and that I can continue to work with the store. If you are in the neighborhood, check out some of my new designs, including some adroable new leather-looking ruffle jackets.

April 19th: The FM Release Party FINALLY! This was the third try at having a release party for the 6th issue of FM in which I was the featured designer. The first try got postponed for many reasons, then the second try got snowed out. Luckily, the third time went well and we had a rockin fashion show! The theme for the magazine shoot was a glimpse into a night of partying, so I took this idea for the fashion show and created 15 looks that were very dark and rock 'n' roll- perfect for a long night of partying all night long. Check out the mag at www.fm-mag.com. To see pictures from the fashion show visit www.xrocksthespot.com.

April 24th: I was one of seven local designers featured in a fashion show for the Denver Art Museum's Untitled event. The theme of the fashion show was "modern day psychedelic" so I created dresses that were very modern in shape but featured psychedelic prints that I created or enhanced with fabric, chains, or rosettes. I'll find pictures and post.

April 25th: A Prototype event featuring Katie Wells of Giddy Up and Tyes by Tara at The Fabric Lab. I wasn't part of the show, but I did help to MC the event (not very well, but I do try). I liked Katie Wells' collection (her stuff is adorably kooky, but I'm always impressed by how well sewn it is.)

I'm taking a week off from sewing to catch up on sleep and catch up on all the Fall collections from style.com. I'm also going to create some new feather headbands with my mother which will be at The Fabric Lab as well as at www.birdsnestaccessories.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment