Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween

This Halloween, I wanted to make sure to go out and do something fun so that I could create a costume that has been more than one year in the planning. I didn't want to start actually creating the costume until I knew I would be doing something though, so the costume could use a little more finessing, which I plan to do next year if I choose to wear it again. I got the idea from a co-worker last year to go as the woman from the birds, with the birds attacking my head. I was really excited by the idea, but it took some figuring out. First, there was the suit- it had to be green, which is not always an easy color to find. Second, there was the matter of how to get the birds to float above the head. I commissioned my dad to create me some kind of mobile-like device that I could attach the birds onto. I think next year I need twice as many birds and some more special touches, such as a bird with a piece of hair in its beak (I tried to do that this year but the birds were plastic inside so I couldn't just stick pins into them).

I went to The Sounds concert and had a blast, but I suspect the people standing around me hated me! Haha, that's their fault for standing near the girl who obviously has unstable parts to her costume. The best part of the costume was that the birds really did peck my head as I walked!



No comments:

Post a Comment