Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Collections

2010 is going to bring many collections from Incroyables by Melissa May. First, there is my 2010 Signature Collection which was released in August and will be shot for a lookbook in the next month or so. I have also already completed a small holiday collection which will also be shot soon, but will not be released until closer to Fall.

I have four collections in the planning stage- a Spring collection, a Pre-Spring collection, a Fall Collection, and a Pre-Fall Collection. In the fashion world Pre-Fall collections are being released now and Fall collections in February, but I will not be releasing mine until closer to the actual season due to the fact that my business is mainly custom orders at this point. I do plan to work more towards wholesale orders in the next year though. It has been a long time plan of mine, but I was waiting until my quality was up to my standards and until I had better fabric connections. I wish to maintain a sense of limited quantity with my pieces though, so wholesale will be limited.

In future years I plan to only release 2-4 collections per year, but at this time I wish to build up my website and also my portfolio, so I decided to let me inspirations run wild!

So keep your eyes open for what is coming up in 2010. Expect funky pattern/color mixtures, punk romance, wools, and Victorian inspirations.

Here is a sneak peek at the rebuilding of my portfolio. Gown from 2010 Signature Collection.



Photo: Gabrielle Pellegrino Photography. Model: Jessica Gates. Makeup: Emily J. Holcomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment