Sunday, January 2, 2011

Inspiration Song- Ghetto Love by Spinnerette

I am extremely inspired and influenced by music. Sometimes one song is all it takes for me to get a whole collection planned out in my head. One such song was "Ghetto Love" by Spinnerette. I don't consider myself too much of a fan of traditional rock, but something about this song has me all fired up for a collection inspired by rock 'n' roll.

Brody


I love her top on the right.


My brother absolutely hates Brody Dalle and will undoubtedly give me crap if I ever did create this collection, but he hated her back in the Distillers days and I think shes way better now. When I listen to this song I think of girls with dark straight hair (that maybe looks a tad dirty) and smudgy eyes stomping like they are pissed at everyone in the room. I see black (of course), leather (of course), and tight pants (I know, totally obvious). But I would add my own semi-sweet touch to it. The pieces would never look sweet, but they would also not look over the top tough either.

Some inspiration pictures:





My favorite part starts at 1:49. The little beeps really add a great dimension to the song. This video cuts the song a little short, but you get the idea.




-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment