Sunday, September 27, 2009

303 Magazine/Style Wars Update

I recently realized that I never posted anything about my 303 Magazine Shoot back in June or the Style Wars Challenge back in July. Life gets hectic at times, but both of these events were super fun. Here are some pictures:

This is the picture they chose for my page in the July issue of 303:

I look so incredibly different in this picture for better or worse! Even my friends didn't recognize me at first. This is right after I got my bowl cut which I still rock in some form today. Everyone in the picture is wearing something by me.




Here are some pictures from Style Wars at the end of July. It was so much fun! We had 20 minutes to create an outfit from a rack of supplies. I ended up using an 80s long sleeve gown that had a strange raglan-style sleeve that ran from under the neck all the way across the chest. I cut off the sleeves, cut the dress down, and rolled the top to change the shape to a Grecian-inspired shape. I then created a puff sleeve and filled it with bubble wrap. The cinch belt is made from shelf liner and pieces of a car shade. The glove is a piece of lace from the original raglan sleeve. I wish I was smart enough to take a picture of the dress beforehand so you could truly recognize the hideousness of the dress. The sad thing is that it was a Carolina Herrera!

Many thanks to my assistant Grace and to my amazing model Kristen, I couldn't have asked for better partners in crime.













No comments:

Post a Comment