Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Boutiques and Other Fun Things

This summer is full of fun events and things to check out. I really love summer because it means outdoor music festivals and cute summer dresses. In a week is the Westword Music Festival which I looooooove because it is a whole day full of amazing local bands.

Also this summer is the opening of two pop-up boutiques featuring amazing local goods. One boutique called YesPleaseMore opened last Friday and is located on the second floor of the Denver Pavilions right next to Barnes and Noble. The 16th St. Mall is a fantastic location so I'm really excited to see how it does. I have Birds Nest Accessories pieces there, including a brand new product which is not even on my Etsy account yet. I also am selling some dresses from past collections there as part of summer clearance. The prices are insanely low, so I encourage you to check it out before they pack the store up and move to a new location in the beginning of September.

The other boutique is a also a pop-up store, but there is not a specific date that it will close down. The store will be open for as long as it is successful. This store was started by Tran Wills from The Fabric Lab and is in the upper floor of Mod Livin on Colfax. This store also features select goods from local artists/designers. I am also featured in this store. I have Birds Nest Accessories items there and then clothing from my Mad Men inspired fashion show that occurred at Mod Livin.



Here is a link to the article featured in the Denver Post about the boutique:

http://www.denverpost.com/fashion/ci_15262749


Another fun thing coming up is Style Wars 2 on June 25th which is part of Denver Art Museum's Untitled event. The theme of the night is Sloth. Style Wars relates to sloth because we are not allowed sewing machines, just things we can do by hand. For anyone not familiar with Style Wars, it is a fashion competition where the contestants have twenty minutes to create fashion from a rack of supplies that we do not see ahead of time with little more than safety pins and tape. Here is a link to the article Denver Post wrote about the event last time.

http://www.denverpost.com/lifestyles/ci_13009469




At the end of July is a fashion competition called FashionFest. I will post details about this event once I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment