Monday, April 19, 2010

MCA Oscar Party Pics

It seems like forever ago, but it was only about a month and half ago that the Denver Film Society and Museum of Contemporary Art teamed up for a super swanky Oscar party. To create more interest in local fashion, several local designers, including myself, were asked to create an Oscar-worthy dress to put up for auction. I chose Carey Mulligan as my muse and created a mermaid-style black satin gown with hand sewn chain detailing on the bodice. This is one of the best sewn dresses I have ever made. I hand sewed just about everything on the dress and I love how it turned out. I do not have pictures of this dress on an actual person, but here are some images from that night.



Quick snapshot of the dress from the front in my backyard.



Front detail shot.



A shot of my dress on the mannequin. It looks a little off because I couldn't zip it up all the way. The mannequins they provided were 36/26 which is a totally unrealistic size.



A few of the dresses up for auction that night.



Me and my "date" Joann. Joann is wearing one of my current favorite dresses. My dress is vintage. I needed a haircut pretty bad at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment