Monday, April 19, 2010

Paper Fashion Show Pics

The Paper Fashion Show back in March was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I knew it would be hard, but not THAT hard. My design consisted of about a million paper roses glued onto a puff skirt. I had to change my design a bit last minute because I had already spent about 45 hours on the dress and to finish it completely how I designed it would take another 40 or so. Time basically just ran away from me. I had been gluing and constructing for about 3 weeks before the show, but with the Oscar party and just life in general, I could only spend a little on it at first. But people really liked the dress and seemed to enjoy the fact that it was one of the only pieces there that looked like something you would actually wear. My model Jessica looked lovely in it and did a great job showing it off throughout the night. Here are some before and after pictures, and some pictures of the runway show. To see pictures of the other designs, visit www.adcd.com



This is the front of the dress before I did any decorating to it.



I put a separating zipper in the back so that I didn't have to worry about gluing her into it and so that it would hold up better with wear.



Front of the dress after the roses and rose petals were added.




Side of the dress.



Back of the dress.



Other side.



Runway picture




No comments:

Post a Comment